We are the International School of the Turks and Caicos Islands!
At the International School of the Turks and Caicos Islands we combine traditional VALUES with a modern VISION to enable all of our students to become global citizens of the future, with a set of core values that are timeless.
To challenge children, of all abilities, to achieve excellence in a wide range of academic, cultural and sporting activities. To equip them for the demands and opportunities of the 21st century, by offering a differentiated, exciting and rigorous curriculum. To provide children with a happy and safe environment in which to build a love and learning and where every child is able to reach their full potential.
At the International School of the Turks and Caicos Islands:
- We lead by example, approaching all that we do with integrity
- We strive fearlessly to achieve our best
- We respect differences and celebrate diversity
- We believe in ourselves and each other
- We are kind and caring global citizens
Goals for 2017/2018
- To raise academic standards
- To improve the level of communication with parents
- To implement and update assessment, tracking and reporting procedures to ensure that each child is achieving their best
- To integrate ourselves more fully within the community
What we offer at a glance….
- An International School experience delivered by well qualified teachers
- An academic programme based on the National Curriculum of England
- A creative curriculum adapted to meet the needs of the school community
- Modern, safe and friendly, purpose built Nursery School
- A curriculum that makes full use of our wealth of natural, regional resources
- An excellent opportunity for each child to integrate into a small class
- SATs provided by DES (Department for Education and Skills)
- Online Assessment Data for each pupil
- Target setting with differentiated personal needs
- Regular parent / teacher consultation and reporting
- A Special Support Coordinator to track and support individual needs
- Specialist Science Lab and dedicated Science Teacher
- Primary School Modern Language Programme for French and Spanish
- A comprehensive Sporting & Extra-Curricular Programme
- Strong emphasis on Academic, Sporting and Social Excellence
- Opportunity for self-expression, discussion and challenge
- A fully equipped ICT Suite, featuring mobile iPad Learning Lab
The School is a Charitable Trust administered through the Ashcroft School Trust and supported by the Michael A. Ashcroft Foundation.