International School PTA
The International School of the Turks and Caicos Islands is a great school! We enjoy a joyful diversity that allows our children to be friends with kids and families from Provo and around the world, while enjoying an atmosphere where educational excellence, values and fun exist. See the PTA Blog
Our principal, senior management team, teachers and staff do outstanding work every day to make The International School of the Turks and Caicos Islands a wonderful place to learn. Another key element to our school excellence is the PTA.
Please join our PTA Facebook page
What is the International School PTA?
The PTA is a forum for parents and teachers to work together to support The International School of the Turks and Caicos Islands. Whether you wish to get to know fellow parents, have a question about a daily policies/procedures, want to get involved—anything—the monthly PTA meeting is the place to be, to know what’s happening at school and/or how you can get involved.
The PTA is both a fundraising group, and a “fun” raising group! We organize events throughout the year to raise money to supplement the school’s budget, allowing us to purchase the little (and big) “extras” which enhance our school environment.
What does the International School PTA do?
Here are a few past and ongoing PTA projects that have enhanced the quality of the International School:
- Landscaping, Library Renovation, Air Conditioning, Shade sails for lunch area and play areas
- The Hot Lunch Programme
- The School Calendar
- Contributions towards new Playground Equipment and Sports Equipment
In addition to school improvements, the PTA hosts numerous fundraising and just-for-fun events during the school year. See the PTA Blog
- The PTA Roundup: A school family BBQ sometimes held at the beginning of the first term.
- Thanksgiving Celebration: A traditional Thanksgiving luncheon is provided to all children and teachers in celebration of both the Canadian and American Thanksgivings.
- Christmas Fair: A fun day with many games, goodies, holiday crafts, and a visit with Santa!
- Halloween Fun!
- Movie Nights!
- Red and White Ball: A Valentine’s Day dance held for the children, wonderful Ashcroft School mid-winter tradition.
- Annual Fundraising Party: This is an evening dinner function with entertainment and a silent auction PACKED with great things to bid on – our biggest fund raising event!
- Teacher Appreciation Week… and more!
Together, the parents and teachers help to make our school extraordinary!